Monday, December 23, 2013

Why Loving Abi is Easy

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. (Ephesians 5:25-28 NIV)

I find it appropriate That I read this passage the day after my anniversary. God hs a tendency to do things like that all the time! It's just a little reminder, 'Hey, did you see what I did there?' The best marriage advice I was very given was given to us by Arron Chambers (love that guy!), during out marriage counseling he said something I will never forget: "Make it easy for your spouse to love you." The thing that I love most about being married to Abi is that it is effortless to love her. It is effortless to be around her and to talk to her about anything. It is priceless to me and I know it is extremely rare. We were just talking about this last night on our way to Christmas Town! That is why it is so important to choose wisely. Our relationship has never felt like work. Why? Because it is based on love for Jesus and each other.

She loves Jesus more than anyone I know. She expects me to put Jesus before her and before Micah. Jesus modeled love by giving his life for the church. He modeled love by loving people who didn't even love him in return. In that way, this isn't really a fair comparison. I can honestly say that it is easy for me to love Abi. Again, I know this isn't true of all marriages, but that is why it is so important to make the right choice in who you marry. A man who marries well will have a blessed life. I am blessed beyond what words can describe. I love Abi with everything I am, and would gladly give my life for her. I guess for once, at least in this way, following Jesus isn't really that hard. But that is because we are both focused on the same thing: loving Jesus and each other well. The rest is just gravy. My prayer is that you choose well and that your marriage would be blessed like mine.

Enjoy the Journey

No comments: