Friday, January 03, 2014

Stay Thirsty My Friends

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. (Matthew 5:6 NIV)

Jesus uses the words hunger and thirst here because of something everyone can understand. He's talking about a longing that goes on forever. We are supposed to be continually chasing after righteousness. The question real answer is, 'How badly do I want to be righteous?' If I am satisfied with where I am, then I will never make it. If I think that I can make it on my own, and I am greatly mistaken. Because if I think that I can make it on my own, then I will have no need to seek after Jesus. It is only through Jesus that righteousness is given. Notice what it says in the second half of that sentence, for they will be filled. It doesn't say that they will achieve it, and it doesn't say that they will fill themselves either. 

No, righteousness is something that can only be given by Jesus himself. Therefore, if you're happy with where you are and you never seek after Jesus, you will never be righteous. This ties in with what Jesus said when he said, 'I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father except through Me.' Hungering and thirsting for righteousness never ends, but if you know where to look, you will be filled. Stay thirsty my friends.

Enjoy the Journey

No comments: